Sunday, August 5, 2012

Creamy Cold Coffee

We have officially reached the dog days of summer; this week, the temperature hit 107!  So when I was brain storming about what to make for this week's post, I didn't have to think too hard because I wanted something cold and refreshing.  I am a coffee lover and an avid coffee drinker but with it being so hot, I don't exactly want a hot cup of joe in the middle of the afternoon or after dinner.  Today's recipe hits that spot on these hot summer days when you need just a little pick me up. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Ingredients:
1 cup of cubed ice
1/2 cup milk (I use skim but you can use whatever you have on hand)
2 TBSP sugar (can also use splenda or another sweetener)
1 tsp instant coffee or espresso powder
1/2 scoop vanilla ice cream**
Whip cream & chocolate syrup to top (optional)

Directions:
Place ice, milk, sugar in a blender and pulse/ mix for about 30 seconds
Add instant coffee & ice cream and blend for another 30- 40 seconds
Serve in a tall glass with whipped cream and drizzle chocolate syrup on top
Enjoy!
Serving Size - 1

** Ice Cream is optional; you can use also use coffee flavored or chocolate ice cream. Frozen yogurt can be used for a healthier option.


No comments:

Post a Comment