Sunday, October 14, 2012

Oooey Gooey Oatmeal

I absolutely LOVE breakfast and breakfast foods!  This includes all carbs - biscuits, pancakes, cereal, toast & every other carb available; but, one of my all time breakfast favorites is oatmeal made with all the fixin's.  My recipe for oatmeal is not only good for you but it's also quick, easy, & absolutely delish!  Try it at home (or work) and let me know what you think.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup cooking oats
1 cup skim milk
roughly 2 TBSP of brown sugar
2 TBSP coconut flakes
2 TBSP chopped walnuts
Dash of cinnamon
A few dried cranberries

Directions:
1. Heat milk on a stove top on medium to low heat until it comes to a boil.
2. Add quick cooking oats and cook for 2 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
3. Add brown sugar, coconut flakes, cinnamon, and walnuts.
4. Place in a bowl and mix in cranberries.
5. Enjoy!

Tip: You can substitute these toppings with any of your favorite toppings and fruit.  I typically mix 1/2 cup of oatmeal with brown sugar and coconut flakes and keep them at my desk so that I can whip up a batch at any given moment. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment