Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tostada Florentine

All week long, I was contemplating on what to make for lunch today since I knew we were going to have a nice, heavy meal as we were headed to a super bowl party.  I knew I wanted something light yet filling just enough to hold me over till kickoff time.  After thinking about it for a bit, I had just the right dish.  This recipe is one that my mom actually came up with and was inspired by an old favorite spot around town.  I hope you enjoy it as much we do in our house!

Ingredients:
1 pack of Azteca Salad Shells (found at the local grocery store in the refrigerated isle by the cheeses)
Spinach Artichoke Dip (click here for recipe)
Handful of mozzarella cheese
Diced tomatoes
JalapeƱos

Directions:
1. In a pizza tray, bake shells for 7 minutes at 350 degrees.
2. Pull out shell, flip over and bake for another 2 minutes.
3. Once the shell is golden brown pull it out of the oven and let it cool completely (about 2 minutes)
4. Once the shell has cooled, spread spinach & artichoke dip on top.
5. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and jalapeƱos top.
6. Bake at 350 until the cheese has melted completely (this will be just a couple of minutes so just keep an eye on it).  
7. Pull it out of the oven again and let cool for a couple more minutes so that the shell can be crunchy and hard again.
8. Enjoy while it's hot.





No comments:

Post a Comment