Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Matchstick Mangos

I would like to announce some pretty exciting news...yesterday, we launched an official Texan Veggies Facebook page - YEAY!- which has put me in an extra festive mood.  With this new page, we will have some exciting promos as well as surprises.  We hope you enjoy reading our blog and making these wonderful recipes as much as we enjoy sharing them with y'all!

Now, on to the actual post...this is a very basic and simple snack that is not only delish but also very healthy.  I will throw out the caveat that I am not really a big mango fan (strange, I know, considering that I'm of Indian origin) but I do enjoy a nice unripe mango and this is my favorite go to summer snack.  Try making it at home and let me know what your favorite snack is!

Ingredients:
1 medium size unripe mango (they are usually green and very firm)
1/4 tsp turmeric
Salt to taste

Directions:
1. Wash and cut the mango in long skinny match sticks.
2. Add turmeric & salt and mix well.
3. Let the mango sit for about 10 minutes. 
4. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment