Sunday, May 5, 2013

Orange Chocolate Chip Cake

If I were to combine chocolate with a flavor, 95% of the time I would pair it with orange. I love the citrus flavor with chocolate, nothing beats it! This is one of my favorite cake recipes, my sister surprised me and came down from Phoenix for a few days, so I thought I would show her my appreciation through this yummy dessert! The ganache is optional for those who don't want chocolate over load. I hope y'all love it as much as she did!

Ingredients
   Cake
- 1-1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 TSP baking powder
- 1/2 TSP baking soda
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 TBSP orange juice
- 2-3 TBSP grated orange zest
- 3 TBSP ener-g egg replacer mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips mixed with a little flour
  Ganache
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream


Directions
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Sift dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and set aside
- Cream butter and sugar with a hand held mixer until light and fluffy. Then add ener-g egg replacer mixture, orange zest, vanilla extract, orange juice and butter milk and mix until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients in thirds to the wet ingredients and mix with hand held mixer.  Fold in chocolate chips. Pour in a lightly greased pan and bake for about 30 minutes or when an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool Completely.
- For the ganache heat heavy cream and chocolate chips on a double broiler until chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Transfer the cake to a plate or cake stand and spoon ganache over the top of the cake.

Serving size 8-10.




1 comment: