Sunday, July 21, 2013

Magic Cookie Bars

A friend of mine asked me for a recipe for magic bars a couple of weeks ago because she wanted to bake them for her hubby.  I initially tried these delish treats in college at my friend Beth's halloween party and instantly fell in love with them!  Over the years, I've made several variations of magic bars but this is the perfect combo that I've come up with.  This recipe is so quick and easy that most of the time, my hubby is the one that makes them in my house.  Make them for your next party and let us know how they turn out!

Ingredients:
1 stick unsalted butter (or 1/2 cup butter)
1&1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 oz) can fat free sweetened condensed milk
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I typically use 1c semi sweet & 1c butterscotch chips but you can use any variation you like)
1 & 1/3 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 for a glass dish).
2. In a 13x9 inch baking pan, melt butter in the oven.
3. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter.
4. Pour condensed milk evenly over crumbs & top with remaining ingredients.
5. Press down firmly with a fork.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
7. Cover with a dish towel and cool overnight.  You can also chill them if desired.
8. Cut into bars or diamonds and store at room temperature.
9. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment