Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cinnamon-Pecan pie crust (Gluten-Free)

I've been on the lookout for a really good, gluten-free pie crust and I've finally found it! I found this recipe on allrecipes.com but tweaked it a little to give it a twist! I went to my local grocery store to pick up pecans, and stumbled upon the cinnamon pecans- they're dusted in a little sugar and cinnamon and oh so good! I used that as the base for this recipe, if you don't find cinnamon pecans, you can use regular and add some cinnamon and a little extra sugar! This is great as a cheesecake pie crust, or fill it with ice cream or even fresh fruit and whipped cream and I promise it will not disappoint!

Ingredients
- 3 cups cinnamon pecans
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar

Directions
- Place pecans and sugar in a food processor and grind until fine 'crumbs' form.
- Add butter and pulse until it starts to come together.
- Press mixture into a lightly greased pie dish and refrigerate for at least four hours, preferably over night. (wrap with
foil or saran wrap).




No comments:

Post a Comment