Sunday, April 20, 2014

Mocha Cappuccino Cookies

In case I haven't mentioned it enough, two on my favorite things in the world are coffee and chocolate. Now don't get me wrong, I love both of them individually but when when the two marry, it is like pure heaven (the ahhhhh heaven sounding in my head right now)!  That is why this is one of my all time favorite desserts.  I have made these cookies for everything from bridal showers to New Year's Eve parties and they have been a hit EVERY SINGLE TIME! I would love to take credit for this recipe but it is one that I found in a cookbook that is just too good not to share.  I hope you enjoy it as much as my friends and I do.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup soy or almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 TBSP of your favorite ground coffee (don't use the instant stuff because it doesn't turn out as well)
1/2 - 3/4 cup chocolate chips (or more depending on how chocolatey you like your cookies)

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  In a large bowl, mix together sugars, oil, almond (or soy) milk, & vanilla.
3.  Add flour, banking powder, baking soda, salt, & coffee.
4.  Stir in chocolate chips.  If the dough feels too wet, add more flour.  If it feels too dry or won't hold together, add a splash more almond milk.
5.  Using a teaspoon, drop cookie dough a few inches apart on a non stick baking sheet.  You can also use a parchment lined baking sheet.  
6.  Bake for 12 minutes, then cool for one minute before placing them on a wire rack to cool completely. 



 
P.S. Make sure they space the cookies out when baking as they tend to spread a lot and store extras (if you have any) in an air tight container.    
      

No comments:

Post a Comment