Sunday, November 23, 2014

Nacho Pizza

Hello and Happy Sunday to you!  I hope everyone has had a fantastic weekend and are ready for the long weekend ahead.  I know I've been slacking on posting lately but life has been a bit hectic lately, well actually, quite hectic!!!

As you know Krishma got married and went on a fabulous honeymoon - she went to Thailand, and I can't wait for her to share her experiences over the course of the next few months.  As for me, I have started an exciting new phase in my life as well, which has been taking up quite a bit of my time.  I can't remember if I ever mentioned it before but I absolutely love yoga and have been an avid practitioner for a few years.  One day, earlier this year, I got a wild hair and decided that I would really like to take my own practice to the next level and maybe teach yoga because I enjoy it so much.  And so the search for the "perfect program for me" began.  To make a long story short, over the course of the past few months, I've been taking classes in order to get my 200 hour certification so that I can teach yoga and share my passion with others.  So, needless to say, life has been hectic!  And since life has been hectic, I am all about "quick and easy recipes" these days.  With that said, this recipe has been one of my favorite quick and easy go to's for a few years.  It is based on a recipe I saw on Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals.  Try it the next time you need to make dinner in about 35 minutes or less and I promise it will be love at first bite!!!

Ingredients:
1 loaf baguette or french bread
1 cup very versatile black beans (click here for recipe)
1 cup salsa, prepared ahead of time or from a bottle
1.5 - 2 cups shredded cheese (I use Mexican blend)
1 heart romaine lettuce
1/2 cup olives
2 roma tomatoes, diced and seeded

Directions:
1. Split bread lengthwise.  Pull out the bread portion from the baguette so that you're left with boats.  Cut in to roughly 4-6 boats.
2.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3.  Brush olive oil around the edges of the bread and spread the black beans evenly across the hollow portion of the bread.
4.  Top with salsa and sprinkle cheese on top, covering the bread to the edges.  The boats will be half-full.
5.  Melt cheese in the oven until it bubbles and begins to brown.
6.  Top the nacho pizza with lettuce, olives, tomatoes, and serve.
7.  Enjoy with your hands over a plate!

This is what your "bread boats" will look like
Yummy Nacho Pizza 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment