Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mongolian Stir-Fry Rice

Happy Sunday y'all! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend is ready to get the week started off right.  I spent most of my day in the kitchen but it was well worth it because today's recipe is one that takes me back to my college days and brings back all sorts of nostalgia.  When I was in college, I worked with a a couple of girls who introduced me to Mongolian Rice, which has quickly become a staple in our home.  This dish is not only easy to make but it is also delicious...it's actually so yummy that even my husband, who doesn't like Asian food at all, loves it.  Try it at home and let us know how it turns out!

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked mini pasta shells
2 cups cooked rice 
2 cups stir fry vegetables (I buy a bag which contains water chestnuts, mushrooms, edamame, pea pods, bamboo shoots, baby corn, & carrots)
1/2 cup sliced bell peppers (I used red and green)
3/4 cup extra firm diced tofu (optional)
2 TBSP EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
3 TBSP raw peanuts
3-4 tsp Sambal Oelek chili sauce (similar to sriracha hot sauce)
1 tsp turmeric
3-4 tsp soy sauce
2 & 1/2 tsp sesame seed oil
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds (for garnishment)

Directions:
1.  Heat EVOO on medium to low heat.
2.  Add peanuts and cook until the peanuts turn slightly brown.
3.  Add bell peppers, stir fry vegetables, tofu, turmeric, sambal sauce and cook for 5-7 minutes.
4.  Stir in pasta shells, rice, & soy sauce.
5.  Once everything is mixed well, add sesame seed oil and cook until thoroughly heated.
6.  In a small bowl or pot, toast sesame seeds for about 3-5 minutes until they are golden brown.
7.  Garnish rice with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Serving size - 4




No comments:

Post a Comment