Sunday, October 27, 2013

Roasted Fall Potatoes

I call today's recipe "fall potatoes" because lately, I have been seeing various types of potatoes a lot more.  Maybe they have always been there but I haven't ever paid to them...which is also quite possible because I am not necessarily the biggest potato fan in general.  My hubby on the other hand loves potatoes and can eat them every day of the week.  This recipe is one that my dear friend Ryan was sweet enough to share with me because my hubby always talked about how much he loved her roasted taters! Thanks to Ryan's recipe, I can have roasted potatoes on the drop of a dime...yes, they are THAT good! I hope y'all enjoy it as much as we do.

Ingredients:
3 medium red potatoes
2 medium purple potatoes 
2 medium sweet potatoes 
1 tsp Lawry's Copycat Seasoned Salt (recipe to follow)
1/2 tsp dried rosemary (use 1 tsp if using fresh)
1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2.  Chop potatoes into relatively small pieces and rinse under cold water until water is clear and you've washed out the starch.
3.  Place potatoes in a large bowl or ziplock bag & add enough olive oil to coat them.
4.  Mix in seasoning, salt, pepper, rosemary, & parsley flakes.
5.  In a non stick pan, bake potatoes for 45 minutes.
6.  Broil for an additional 5 minutes to make them crispy.

Recipe for Lawry's Copycat Seasoned Salt:

Ingredients:
2 TBSP salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp celery salt

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
2. Pour the blend into an empty spice bottle to store.







   

No comments:

Post a Comment