Sunday, December 9, 2012

Deep Dish Pizza

Earlier this week, I asked my husband what he wanted for dinner (as I always do) and his response came as a complete surprise to me.  He responded with a, "deep dish pizza" as if I were some sort of a magician that can just whip it up by snapping my fingers.  But, I definitely wanted to make it for him because he never really asks for much (and because I would like to think I'm a good wife).  With that in mind, my mission this week was a find a quick and easy way to make deep dish pizza.  Here's my quick and easy recipe for a homemade deep dish pizza.

Ingredients:
1 box of Auntie Annie's at home baking kit (I found this at Sam's Club)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp crushed red pepper
2-3 TBSP flax seed meal
Pizza sauce
Your favorite toppings (I used green & black olives, red bell peppers, & mushrooms)

Directions:
1.  Follow the directions in the kit to make the pizza dough.  But add 1 tsp crushed red pepper, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, 2-3 TBSP flax seed meal to the dry ingredients before mixing it with the wet ingredients.
2.  Spray a 9 inch pizza pan with Pam or another non stick cooking spray.
3.  Take 1/2 of the risen dough, roll it into a ball, & place it in the middle of the cake pan.
4.  Start spreading and stretching the dough so that it covers the entire pan and continue to stretch it so that it goes up the sides of it.
5.  Spread a little pizza sauce on top of the dough.  Also brush it along the sides of it as well.
6.  Place your toppings on top of the sauce, top with some cheese, add more toppings, and finish off with some additional cheese.
7.  In a preheated oven, bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until the bottom is brown and the cheese is bubbling.
Enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment