Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sangria Mocktail

Earlier this year, my husband and I celebrated our four year wedding anniversary.  Now this wouldn't be a big deal except we have a tradition that requires a lot of thought at times.  Our gifts to each other has to incorporate the traditional wedding gift in our presents.  For the fourth year of marriage, the traditional wedding anniversary gift is either fruit or flower.  After thinking long and hard, I wanted to do something original while keeping the cost low as I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on fruit.  It just so happened that I was watching a cooking show and the host made some mock sangria.  The recipe turned out so good I just had to share it with y'all!

Ingredients:
1 apple, peeled & thinly sliced
1 lemon, juiced
1 orange, juiced
1 orange, sectioned
3/4 cup cranberry-grape juice concentrate, thawed (I just bought the 2 concentrates separately and mixed them)
Tiny pinch of ground cinnamon
3 cups seltzer water

Directions:
1.  In a pitcher, add apple slices, lemon juice and stir.
2.  Add in the orange juice, orange sections, cranberry-grape concentrate, & cinnamon.
3.  Let the mixture set for an hour (up to 12 hours) to let the flavors blend.
4.  Add seltzer water right before serving.
5.  Serve in glasses filled with ice.
6.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment