Monday, January 14, 2013

Zesty Guacamole!

Y'all I have been in India for the past two weeks, and even though I have had some really good food here, I am missing Tex-Mex like crazy! I have been craving chips and dip every other day, so this post is dedicated to a Mexican staple- Guacamole. I love avacados, they're full of yummy goodness and this Guac is so easy and so tasty! I can't wait to come home and make some of this! The lime and the zest make this dip so good, I usually put 2 limes in, but just in case, put one in first and see if you need more zing!

Ingredients
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/3- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 2 TBSP finely chopped jalapeno
- 2 TBSP finely chopped cilantro
- 1-2 small limes. squeezed and zested
- 1/4 TSP ground cumin
- salt to taste
- 1/4 TSP freshly ground black pepper

Directions
- Cut avocado in half and scoop out filling into a bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and using a fork mash and mix thoroughly until a chunky dip forms. Add salt as needed.
- If serving at a later time, leave pits in the dip and seran wrap directly onto the dip so the guacamole doesn't oxidize.

No comments:

Post a Comment