Sunday, January 6, 2013

Fennel Tea

Last month, Both my husband and I had the worse cold, sore throat, sinus infection, and just gunk that we just couldn't seem to shake off.  In a matter of a week, we went through 3 boxes of kleenex between the two of us! =( But more than anything else, my itchy, scratchy, & sore throat was what bothered me the most.  After talking to a friend of mine about it, she suggested I make this tea to soothe my throat and help it get back to normal.  After just drinking 2 cups of this little mix, my throat was no longer sore  or scratchy & back to normal in no time.  Since this is the time of the year when so many people come down with the common cold, I thought it was the perfect time to share this recipe with y'all bc it is truly a Godsend!  The picture below shows what raw fennel seeds look like as well as the tea itself.

Ingredients:
8 oz hot water
1 TBSP raw fennel seeds
Honey to taste (I used about 2 tsp)

Directions:
1.  Heat up 8 oz of water in the microwave for about 2 minutes on high heat.
2.  Once the water is done heating up, pull it out of the microwave and add fennel seeds.
3.  Add honey and stir.
4.  Cover with a dish or saucer and let it steep for about 5 minutes.
5.  Strain the tea into a clean cup.
6.  Enjoy!

P.S. You can either eat the fennel seeds or toss them.  Personally, I like the taste of them so I tend to eat them.


No comments:

Post a Comment