Sunday, June 1, 2014

Protein Packed PB Smoothie

If you've ever been to Jamba Juice, you may have heard of their Peanut Butter Moo'd Smoothie that is packed with protein.  It is by far and away, the only smoothie I drink from there...mainly because I usually tend to go there when I'm fasting and need something to fill me up and keep me going for a while.  Unfortunately, the smoothie is one of the pricier one's on their menu so I try not to go too often.  A few weeks back, I was browsing the net and ran into a recipe that replicated it and thought, that sounds delicious, I should def make that at home.  After trying it out, let me tell you, it was absolutely heavenly! The smoothie tasted exactly like that I get from Jamba and at a fraction of the cost, it was even sweeter.  Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 large ripe banana, peeled, cut, & frozen
2-3 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
6 oz (roughly 3/4 cup) of non fat Greek Yogurt 
3/4 cup milk (I used Almond milk)      
1 TBSP agave, maple syrup, honey (optional - I did not add any additional sweetener)
1 TBSP peanut butter (I used the natural kind)
Drizzle of chocolate syrup (optional)

Directions:
1.  Place all of the ingredients in a blender, in the order listed, & blend on high until thick and smooth.  
2.  You may want to start out by using 2 TBSP of cocoa powder and then add on additional if needed.  
3.  Swirl chocolate syrup in a glass and pour smoothie on top if you opt to do so. 
4.  Add or remove ingredients according to your fancy and enjoy! 

P.S. This smoothie contains 23 grams of protein without the gross chalky after taste. 







No comments:

Post a Comment