Monday, December 2, 2013

Avocado Cream Sauce

Hello friends. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and enjoyed spending time with loved ones.  This was an exceptionally exciting weekend for both Krishma and I because both of us celebrated milestones in our lives.  Krishma got ENGAGED!!! CONGRATS & YEAY! We (all of her girlfriends) couldn't be more excited for her!

And my husband and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary - or the wooden anniversary as it is more commonly known.  To celebrate this monumental event in my life, we celebrated by eating LOTS & LOTS of food.  Matter of fact, I am going to have to workout extra hard this week because I'm pretty sure I packed on some major LBS from all the goodies I devoured!  One of the biggest hits of the weekend was spinach & mushroom enchiladas with an avocado sour cream sauce.  It was the perfect blend of creamy & spicy goodness.  I don't say this often but it is a must try!!! Try it at home and do let me know what you think of this awesome-sauce!

Ingredients:
1/2 - 3/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
3/4 cup half & half
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
1/4 cup water
1 & a half serrano peppers
Salt
Dash of lime juice
1/2 - 3/4 avocado (I used a little over a half but not quite 3/4)

Directions:
1.  Blend serrano peppers, cilantro leaves, avocado, & lime together in a blender or food processor.
2.  Mix in sour cream, water, half & half, salt, & lime juice until smooth and thick in consistency.**
3.  Pour in a container, cover, and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour before using.  The longer the sauce sits, the better because it will give the flavors a chance to really develop. 

Yields roughly 2 cups (slightly more). 

**You may have to add more or less water depending on how thick you prefer the sauce.  It should be the consistency of gravy.  Keep in mind the sauce will thicken up as it cooks.


Below is a picture of the final product. Oh & don't worry folks, the recipe for the enchiladas and the salsa will follow soon. #YUM! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment